OPITO Basic Offshore Survival Induction Emergency Training BOSIET (5700)
During this training programme delegates will gain a basic level of understanding and awareness of the hazards encountered when working on offshore installations, and of the safety regime and safety management systems in place to control and mitigate those hazards. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
The objectives of the BOSIET Training are that delegates will be able to:
- Identify the generic hazards which are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks.
- Identify key offshore related safety regulations and explain the basic safety management concepts
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate sea survival and first aid techniques
- Demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practise self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations, to include smoke filled areas.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be provided with an OPITO Approved BOSIET Certificate which is valid for 4 years.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course, and will be required to complete a written assessment and also undertake practical exercises to demonstrate their competence..
The course is delivered using a mixture of theoretical delivery, observation and practical demonstrations. All training is conducted in a safe and controlled environment by trained and qualified personnel.
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement
We will accommodate candidates with special needs. Any candidates with special needs must make us aware at the earliest opportunity in order that we can strive to meet your needs and provide a suitable environment to support your training experience.