OPITO Safe Driving at Work SDAW (9076)
The aim of the training is to ensure that all personnel required to drive a company vehicle can do so safely and in line with relevant driving related laws/ regulations.
The objectives of this training are that delegates will be able to :
- Identify and gain an understanding of local driving laws/ regulations, driving hazards, vehicle familiarisation and safety features, journey planning, and safety/preventive measures when driving a company vehicle
- Demonstrate driving safely using the right techniques and following road procedures
During the OPITO Safe Driving at Work training and assessment programme, delegate s will gain an understanding of his/her responsibilities when driving a company vehicle.
Delegates who have completed this course must have gained an understanding of:
- Local driving - related laws and regulations, environment, culture and local conditions
- The legal documents that must be carried with the vehicle
- The risks involved in day - to - day driving
- Common causes of road collisions
- Local driving hazards and factors that can affect driver’s ability to drive
- Vehicle safety features
- Various road signs and road markings identification
- The importance of vehicle maintenance and using roadworthiness checks
- Vehicle familiarisation procedures
- The importance of pre - planning the journey
- Vehicle breakdown and emergency procedures
- Vehicle refuelling
- Company driving policy and standards (if required by a company)
Delegate s who have completed this course must be able to demonstrate:
- Knowing how to carry out a pre - trip inspection and vehicle familiarisation
- Safe driving techniques and road procedures
There are two parts to this training programme – Theoretical and practical training:
- The theoretical elements will be delivered in a classroom. Delegates will be assessed against Learning outcomes 1 - 13 using a short written test, open - book test.
- The practical elements of the training will consist of a series of explanations and demonstrations by training staff followed by delegates practicing and demonstrating their competence during a practical driving session. Learning outcomes 14 and 15 will be assessed through direct observation of the delegate’s practical performance.
Attendance on this course is open to delegates who have a driver’s license which is valid in the location where the training is to be delivered.
We will accommodate candidates with special needs. Any candidates with special needs must make us aware at the earliest opportunity.